And we're off. I'm starting with Stuart McLean's Vinyl Cafe Diarires to ease into the day.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Vancouver, British Columbia
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon (if I can find where I put it...)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
A fresh apple from the Okanagan.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm an editor, grant writer, field hockey and trumpet player, and reader!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I missed the last coupe of read-a-thons, because of other commitments - I have other commitments today as well, so the one thing I'm doing differently is taking a big break in the middle and therefore not setting as high goals for myself.
Hour 4 (8:13am PST) - finished Vinyl Cafe Diaries (325 pages) and am fighting with Firefox to post an entry to the mini-challenge. Next up - Bad Boy by Peter Robinson (signed!). I hope to get at least 100 pages in before I have to go to hockey.