Saturday, October 20, 2018

Dewey's Read-a-thon - Ready, Set, Go!

It's bright and early Saturday morning and my alarm went off way too early, but I'm up, showered and ready to read! Settling in now for book one - I'm going to start with a re-read as a warm-up, Still Life by Louise Penny.

Update - 9:30am

Four and a half hours in and I've finished Still Life. My eyes are mostly awake now, so I'm moving on to The Soul of America, which is on my iPhone. I've learned not to start (or end with a non-fiction book), but I'm feeling awake and ready to tackle something new.

Update 3:30pm

Second book finished. I've started Juliet, Naked, not because of the movie, but because I realized I had a Nick Hornby book on my bookshelf that I hadn't actually read yet. I have to head out for a few hours, though - first and foremost to vote and then to have a couple of drinks in honour of a friend who would have been celebrating his 60th today. But I have a book loaded on my phone and long practice in walking unsafely while reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment