Friday, August 7, 2020

Reverse Readathon

I'm very excited to be doing the reverse readathon for the first time. Hitting 3am at hour 10 will hopefully be less painful than hitting it at hour 22!

I started a few minutes late, as I didn't want to miss too much of the weekly Zoom Happy Hour - my friends were mystified that I was getting ready to spend the next 24 hours reading as much as possible. Mostly because they know I would happy do that any time, with or without the excuse of a readathon.

Here's the TBR pile that I pulled together to hopefully cover the majority of the bingo squares. For the make your own challenge, Barb suggested I read while doing a handstand, but I pointed out that it would be too much of a challenge to do a handstand, with or without reading, especially if I attempted it while sleep deprived, so we compromised on reading while doing a ski-sit.

Opening Survey:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Vancouver, BC
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Mirror and the Light, though I wish I'd re-read the first two books first.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Chips and dip. I've been pretty good about not buying/eating potato chips during the pandemic, but I'm looking forward to splurging.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a readaholic, who loves to play golf, trumpet, and field hockey. Sadly only the first of those are happening these days. But I am reading!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm going to try and stay awake the entire time. I remembered to buy an energy drink this time and if I get really tired, I'm going to try taking a shower. Which likely just means I'll wake up sometime tomorrow evening with my hair sticking up.

Hour 7:

I've finished two books - Lips Together, Teeth Apart by Terrence McNally and Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. I remember seeing Lips Together at the Playhouse back in 1993. It was about a year before I started working there - I was working at the Renaissance and we must have gotten comps. It was a fantastic production - the original Broadway production had an amazing cast, but I saw the Playhouse cast the entire time I was reading.

Also finished the crossword. My printer is out of ink, so I edited the pdf vaguely...





No comments:

Post a Comment