Saturday, April 24, 2021

April Readathon Pt 2

Just past the 15 hour mark. Just finished No Great Mischief and am taking a break while my eyes dry.

I'm a little late on the mid-event survey, but here it is:

Mid-Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now? The Little Book of Cats - Poems & Prose
2. How many books have you read so far? I've finished four books and listened to about 1/3 of an audiobook
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm hoping to get to All the Light We Cannot See (it's coming up on my list in two books). Also really looking forward to ending with the audiobook (may have to rewind a bit...)
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? No interrupts, other than being unable not to look at my emails.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How focused I've been able to be. I think it comes from starting with an audiobook and not trying to get up earlier than I normally do.

Bingo Card:

I didn't read a children's book and while a couple of books had scenes set in the spring or summer, I didn't think they counted. And while there were some cool covers on the books I read, I wouldn't call any of them unique. So no clean sweep, but a few bingos!

Closing Survey: 

1. How would you assess your reading overall? I did really well until about 1:30 - struggled through until 2:30 am then intended to put the audio book back on for the home stretch and fell asleep reading one chapter... I did finish 7 books and dipped into two others, though I didn't get through my original stack of books. So I'll give myself a B. 

2. Did you have a strategy, and if so, did you stick to it? See above :)

3. What was your favourite snack? Peanuts

4. Wanna volunteer for our next event? I don't think I have the bandwidth - I barely get organized enough to do the reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment