Thursday, April 23, 2015

It's April, must be time for another Read-a-thon!

What's better than curling up with a good book for a few hours on a rainy Saturday? Curling up with a stack of good books for 24 hours (give or take)!

It's time for the semi-annual Dewey's Read-a-Thon, from 5am Saturday, April 25 to 4:59am Sunday, April 26 (at least in my neck of the woods).

I'm aiming for 20 hours and 1800 pages, but that's likely setting the bar a little too high. I'll lose about 3 hours in the evening, as I have tickets to the Whitecaps game,but I'm planning on downloading an audiobook for the walk to and from the stadium (and maybe even during the game - or at least halftime). The forecast is for rain (that's a shock for April in Vancouver), which is a perfect reason to read the day away.

Here's the first crack at my pile of books for the day. I downloaded the first five parts of This Body of Death from the library on audiobook, so that will be my Whitecaps book. Which means I won't finish it, unless I get through everything else and start listening part-way through :)

My plan of attack: pick up some healthy-ish snacks on the way home from work; order pizza tonight (yay Dominos playoff special), because cold pizza doesn't need prep time and still tastes great; set the alarm for 4:30 so I can have a shower to wake myself up properly; get into my comfy clothes (yay flannel loungepants from Swains); and curl up on the couch until it's time to head out to the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment