Monday, April 8, 2013

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon - April 2013

I only ever seem to use this blog for the read-a-thon, so perhaps my goal for 2013 will be to become more active. Until then, I will be participating in the April event. I was supposed to be out of town, but my plans fell through (twice), so reading it shall be!

Half the fun for me is in the planning, so I'll be going through my bookshelves looking for a good mix of engaging fiction and non-fiction.

So far on the shortlist is:

Thomas Costain - The Magnificent Century (I'm part-way through, so I'll start off by finishing it)
Sharon Kay Penman - Lionheart (since I'm on a Plantagenet kick)
Wine for Dummies - I'll get some work done and feel productive
Neil Oliver - A History of Ancient Britain (though I might be getting a bit too history heavy)
Alexander McCall Smith - Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (in progress)

I also need to download an audiobook if I go to the Whitecaps game - something three hours long will cover me! I was going to give my ticket away, but I think getting some fresh air in the afternoon will be good.

2 comments:

  1. Wine for Dummies! What a great read for a readathon. Do you get to have some wine while you read it? Good luck today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm reading it early, but I might read half now and half later with a glass of wine...

    I hope you have a great day of reading!

    ReplyDelete